Using paperlessproofs can reduce your
carbon footprint and reduce waste in the
- paper and trees
- fuel required during delivery, reducing
pollution and carbon emissions
- electrical energy when photocopying/printing
- ink, avoiding the use of harmful chemicals
Did you know that the proofing process
for a 256pp A4 textbook uses:
Figures are calculated using data from: www.defra.gov.uk,
www.conservatree.com, www.cryer.co.uk and www.timeforchange.org
(accessed June 2008).
- 1/4 of an average-size tree in paper production
- 1.5 litres of diesel used in delivering the proofs
- 1kW in energy to photocopy/print the proofs
- And will emit 4 kg of CO2 .
During all of the stages of the proofing
process for a book of 256 electronic pages paperlessproofs
uses only 8 kWh of electricity
(based on running a PC
for 160 hours).